In Affiliate Marketing 1,000
Make Money With White Papers - No Secrets
by Jacob Malewitz
Writing white papers is a process which can take weeks, so
you must be appropriately rewarded for the document. If you're just getting
started as a freelancer, no matter your field, you might consider creating
documents similar to white papers and eBooks if not those themselves. That begs
a question.
What's the difference between a white paper and an eBook?
In my mind, writing white papers can be more difficult in the short term than an eBook. I prefer longer form eBooks, for example, where I can really get creative and into topics. On the other hand, the one white paper I wrote for a client took me a fraction of the time it took to do any eBook. I ghost wrote two eBooks on SEO and marketing for a client, and these were longer eBooks with a clear reader in mind. The white paper was more like a collection of 10 different ideas into one lead generating device. The white paper was free,the buyer charged for the eBooks.
In my mind, writing white papers can be more difficult in the short term than an eBook. I prefer longer form eBooks, for example, where I can really get creative and into topics. On the other hand, the one white paper I wrote for a client took me a fraction of the time it took to do any eBook. I ghost wrote two eBooks on SEO and marketing for a client, and these were longer eBooks with a clear reader in mind. The white paper was more like a collection of 10 different ideas into one lead generating device. The white paper was free,the buyer charged for the eBooks.
So we know:
-White papers are shorter
-White papers are shorter
-White papers can be more labor intensive
-White papers can be free
-White papers typically take much less time than long form
eBooks
We also know about selling eBooks:
-You have more creative freedom
-The book can be sold
-They take longer in cases where the books are from
20,00-40,000 words
There are some flaws in the above. White papers can be free,
but most businesses use them, even if free, to gather business. The same can be
said of eBooks. There are literally thousands of free eBooks out there for
download, but they're more like 50 page reports. These are different .Those
types can be collections of edited blog posts, for example. But if I was going to
pay for an eBook on a specific topic, I would write on original chapters, only
using previous ideas.
White papers for freelancers can make you lots of money, as
can eBooks. White papers are typically more tech oriented, and they have a
subtle sales pitch in mind. eBooks selling for the Amazon Kindle or Barnes
& Noble Nook should not have subtle sales pitches.
In the end, there is still a confusion. Once called a paper,
and ones called a book. They are similar in many ways, some writers specialize
in one or the other. For now, focus on making money via whatever your client
needs. Then see which works best for you.
Comments
Post a Comment